Thursday, June 20, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I have no idea how this is supposed to happen. How am I supposed to say goodbye to my babies. They are only 3 and 6. They are my children. I have held them and cuddled them and taken care of them for the last year. I have taken them to the doctor, held them after surgery, brushed their teeth, tucked them in, sang to them and said night time prayers. I have dressed them, laughed with them, watched cartoons with them. I have made egg burritos for them, I have made broccoli for them. I have held them and cuddled them and taken care of them.


But yet....Saturday will be the last day that I am Mom. I realize the changes that have occurred over the last year. Their forever parents have done what they need to do. They love their children as much as I do and they have earned the right for reunification. I am truly happy that my babies will be returning to their forever family. My job has been done…

Yet I know that as I fade to a memory these children will forever be a part of my heart. I will wonder about them every day and hope they are okay. I will think of them every night and wonder if they got their bed time songs, prayers, teeth brushed and a hug and kiss. I will think of them every morning and wonder if they are ready for the day. Has G done his homework and is he at school? Will B be a good girl or Miss Attitude?

As I say goodbye I hope they will always know that when they leave my arms a part of my heart goes with them. I love you forever and ever G & B!!

No comments: