Friday, August 27, 2010

Schedules


So school started a week ago on August 18th. My thought was "Great we now have a schedule." The girls started a new school this year so I was a tiny bit apprehensive about how it would go. The first day I pick them up and ask Bridgette "How was your first day of school?" She immediately answered "It was the most amazing experience of my life." Wow I think. The second day of school I ask again "How was school?" Bridgette's answer "Marvelous!" Wow what happens at school when the superlatives run out.


School started on a Wednesday. For the first 3 days things are great. The first Monday of school we also have a Girl Scout meeting. Okay I think I can handle one day a week of not getting home until 8:30. No big deal. The first Tuesday of school Sydnie starts volleyball. Okay I think I can handle two days a week of not getting home until 8:30. I am home on Wednesday (if only I had gotten to rest) but still had to run for Girl Scouts. Thursday we have volleyball again. Did I forget to mention that starting next Thursday Sydnie will also have Children's Choir prior to volleyball? Volleyball games will be on Saturday and the Children's Choir will sing on Sundays.


Suddenly what turned into "Great we now have a schedule." has turned into "Oh shit we now have a schedule!" I will never understand why when a schedule is introduced it is mom that gets to run. I love my husband I really really love him but he doesn't get why I am now running around like a chicken with my head cut off. He doesn't understand why the dishes aren't done or the laundry is piling up, why the kids are crying at some very random times or why I am the tiniest bit cranky. I know I am only a tiny bit cranky. I cannot be a cry baby or PMSing or any of those things. Okay maybe, it's possible, yeah I have probably turned from June Cleaver on "Leave it to Beaver" and now resemble the smart ass Brett Butler on "Grace Under Fire".


No comments: