Friday, October 19, 2007

Rain

It has been raining a lot here in Kansas. Did I mention a lot? Friday night I woke with it raining in my bedroom. The ceiling seems to only want to leak in my closet. Why is it my closet and not some where else...say my husband's closet, my teenage son's closet or even possibly just in the hall? Of course as it is raining inside both girls are awake and scared of the dark. Then if it lightnings they are scared of the light and noise. Needless to say I did not sleep much that night. On Monday it was still raining and what does my 6 year old say. "I want to walk to school in the rain with an umbrella." When I mention a coat she advises me they can't go outside for recess so she doesn't need a coat. Go figure, at night when we are sleeping they are scared of the rain and during the day when it means they'll get wet, cold and probably sick they want to play in the rain.

No comments: