Monday, March 5, 2012

Uniforms

As most know my girls go to a Parochial school, Corpus Christi Catholic School.  They love it.  They love their friends, they love the curriculum (as much as a 9 and 11 year old can), they love the school, the teachers, on and on and on. 

The one thing I'm sure they don't love is uniforms.  This is a love thing for me though.  I don't have to argue what they wear.  I don't have to make sure we have clean clothes.  I don't have to keep up with the Jones' on the most current fashion and designs.  No I just have to make sure they have their clean polo's and khakis.  This works for me. 

I remember the first day they tried on said uniforms.  Bridgette loudly announced "Mom I am ugly."  To which I promptly replied "But Baby you will all be ugly together.".  This appeared to be an okay answer for the last two years.  They wear uniforms without to much complaint.  I do hear once in a while; "Mom I wish we had more dress down days."  "Mom I wish we could have a pajama day."  The normal things I would expect to hear.

Fast forward to the beginning of spring.  The warmer weather has broken out the shorts sooner rather then later.  I don't have a problem with the shorts.  I love summer; I love shorts, I love flip flops.  I love the season!! 

I soon realized with the changing of the seasons my dear lovely very beautiful daughter with her 9 year old self would develop her very own style to deal with winter/spring/summer.  All merged into one.  Here comes out of the school my dearest Bridgette wearing a long sleeve uniform short, shorts, knee high Christmas socks and boots.  Oh my...

I do still love uniforms, I love the fact Bridgette is confident and I am left speechless in regards to the uniform!!

No comments: