Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Confusion

I have been a Foster Parent for 3 months.  I have biological children ranging in age from 23 down to 9.  Needless to say I've been a parent for awhile now.  I love each and every one of my children and would lay my life down for them.  I love them, each and every one of them, every day of my life.  I can't imagine not having my children. 

Currently we have 4 foster children.  They are 10 months, 2 years, 5 years and 8 years.  I look at these precious babies and realize that out there in this world right now is their parents and they are not with them.  They don't see them on a daily basis, they don't talk to them on a daily basis and sometimes not even on a weekly basis.  I don't understand where you have to be in your life to not have your children.  To have someone else determine you are not a fit parent.  To have a check list to get these children back in your life.

Recently I found out that our 10 month old 8 year old are about to become a big sister and big brother.  I am so confused.  I don't understand how when you have lost two of your children you simply replace them by getting pregnant.  Is it to hard to follow the orders you have been given to get them back?  If it is so hard to get them back should you be allowed to keep this newest baby?

I don't have the answers to these questions and for that I am thankful.  To understand these questions means that I have slipped into that mentality.  Instead I'd rather be the one who these babies turn to when they call out Momma and I'd rather be the one there for them day in and day out.  In the mean time I hope these parents figure out and remember what they have lost before it is to late for them.

No comments: