Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can you sleep already?

I live in Kansas and it is hot. Hot I tell you hot! Not just hot but humid. The temperature is 101 and the heat index is 115. Hot as hell I do believe. I live in a 2 story 100 year old house that has only one air vent upstairs so the house is hot. Not as hot as hell but still hot.

Last night I send the girls to bed at 8:00. I figure they'll be asleep soon enough. Tim and I snuggle on the couch and watch "Rescue Me". All those cute firefighters. Ohhh. Sorry I digress. After the show finishes I head upstairs to go to bed. It is now 9:30 and lo and behold they are not asleep. They are giggling and laying on the floor. Who needs beds right? I figure whatever they'll be asleep soon enough. 10:00 rolls around and Tim heads to bed. Sydnie and Bridgette are still in their room giggling up a storm. Okay maybe I was wrong and they won't go to sleep soon enough.

As Tim crawls in bed I feel him start rubbing my side and back. Did I mention it was hot and the girls are still giggling? I didn't want him touching me but I know if I pursue this avenue I can probably even get a back massage out of him. But again the girls are still giggling and not sleeping. I figure why not throw caution to the wind and let the back rub begin. The back rub turned into a front rub and that turned into.....okay I'll keep it PG but it was good!! hehe It was even good enough to forget that it was the tempature was hot!!

I love me girls. I love them lots but as I fell into that slumber that only sex can bring I have decided there will be no more babies in my house. Why? Because by the time they are 9 and 7 they no longer require sleep and that impeeds my life greatly. I love them dearly but sex slumber is the best and their giggles were still being heard at 12:00.

No comments: