Friday, August 20, 2010

Stage Fright

"Stage fright or performance anxiety is the anxiety, fear, or persistent phobia which may be aroused in an individual by the requirement to perform in front of an audience, whether actually or potentially (for example, when performing before a camera). Such anxiety may precede or accompany participation in any activity involving public self-presentation. Quite often, stage fright arises in a mere anticipation of a performance, often a long time ahead. It has numerous manifestations: fluttering or pounding heart, tremor in the hands and legs, diarrhea, facial nerve tics, dry mouth." as defined by Wikipedia.

I realize as I write this blog there are very few that even are aware that it exists. Thanks Melissa for being my first and my only follower of "BabblebyLorene". I'll let you know when I figure out where we are headed. I was on Facebook last night and I seen that a friend has started to blog and she put it out in cyber world for everyone to read. I thought what a brilliant idea. To actually share the fact that you blog and possibly have someone read your thoughts.

eeekkkkkkk.....stop......wait......that's right as the coolness of idea set in so did the stage fright. In this instance it was the fluttering and pounding of my heart. I realize that I am not going to be standing in front of millions but what if they read my blog and don't like it? What if they think I am a terrible bore and don't care what I have to say? What if I get terrible comments and hate mail? Okay I realize in this moment I am self absorbed but what if??

To ease myself into this situation I shared some of my favorite blogs today with a co-worker. I shared both Dawn and Spuds. Sorry guys but Dawn and Spud's blog are my own secret pleasure. I generally start my day with them and always get a good chuckle. Anyway I went out on a limb and shared not just Dawn and Spuds but I shared my blog too. I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat wanting to know what happened....well....well...okay nothing happened. I shared and I got no feed back. That's right...BabblebyLorene didn't turn her world around. She didn't chuckle, offer good advice, comment, nothing.

So where does this leave me?!? Maybe I should go out on a limb. Maybe I should share. Maybe by sharing I'll help offer just one person a good laugh today. Maybe I'll offer hope because Lord knows I need all the hope and help I can get. We'll see. As long as my stage fright doesn't manifest as diarrhea, dry mouth of facial tics we may be okay.

No comments: