Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Signs from God

Several years ago Tim and I went on a purging mission. We had several bags of things to keep and things to donate. At the time Robby and Dennis were maybe 10 or 11 years old. They decided to take all of the bags to donate to the church garage sale. Inside those bags were several stuffed animals and dolls from both Tim and I when we were children. Later we scoured those garage sales looking for those little mementos of our childhood to now avail.

At times through out the last several years one or the other of us would mention those stuffed animals nostalgically. Fast forward to Saturday as we are switching bedrooms and cleaning out the over abundance of things we have collected over the years. Tim asked if I was sure we wanted to start over again with babies, kids, car seats, etc. We talked and both decided yes we did but it did leave a lot to think about.

As I was cleaning out the bedroom I came across Cowboy Smurf. A bit odd because both Tim and I swore this Smurf had been with the box of lost mementos all those years ago. Tim in passing stated the one thing he wished he had back was his teddy bear. We continued to clean and soon I came across the box that held all the crib sheets. As I open this box what do I find. It was Tim's teddy bear.

As I found this bear and handed it off to Tim I searched myself to see what this means. I have to believe that this was God's sign to us that we are meant to be parents again. We are meant to expand our family. Will things be hard? Yes! Will we want to quit sometimes? Yes! Is this it the right move for us? Yes!!

No comments: